ITIL®️ – Information Technology Infrastructure Library®️ is the most popular IT Service Management Framework across the planet. It is a widely used management technique that allows individuals and organizations alike to use IT as a tool for business modification, business transformation, and development.
The ITIL 4 Framework is planned in such a way that it regulates the selecting, planning, delivering and maintaining of the IT services and work processes within an organization or company. This particular framework improves efficiency and helps achieve the desired product delivery and goals.
Some important features of ITIL®️ are:
- It aims toward improving efficiency to achieve predicted goals and service levels.
- Its objective is to boost the performance levels to achieve desired service quality levels.
- The framework itself is easy to understand and easy to apply
- ITIL consists of the best It practices around the globe
- Major advantage of ITIL®️ is its vendor neutrality
Its versatility is the most important feature of ITIL®️, hence, it is a well appreciated and highly demanded IT service management technique. It has been carefully crafted to meet the needs of various organizations. This flexibility appeals to many organizations as it allows them to modify and incorporate the ITIL®️ framework according to their needs and work scenarios.
One can easily guess its flexibility with the fact that it can also be adapted alongside other popular practices such as:
- COBIT – A Framework for IT Governance and Controls
- TOGAF – A Framework for IT Architecture
- Six Sigma – A Quality Methodology
- ISO 27000 – A Standard for IT Security
- ISO / IEC 20000 – A Standard for IT Service Management
ITIL®️ is governed by Axelos which is a joint venture between HM Cabinet Office and Capita Plc.
The ITIL®️ methodology consists of 5 different stages:
- ITIL®️ Service Strategy – It aligns the IT department with the core business
- ITIL®️ Service Design – Services are provided by the IT department that supports the business
- Service Transition – This is the transitioning from a development stage into an operational stage
- ITIL®️ Service Operation – It ensures that the products delivered meet the agreed service quality levels
- Continual Service Improvement – This stage deals with the identification and implementation of improvements to provide better service
The Benefits of ITIL®️ Certification
The need for ITIL®️ certified professionals and their demand has increased over the years as more and more companies realize the effectiveness of ITIL®️ Service Management methodology. The ITIL®️ certified professional is now required in various sectors including healthcare and higher education. The ITIL®️ best practices are very helpful in effective business management, and that’s where individuals with ITIL®️ certification shine.
Some major benefits of ITIL®️ Certification are as follows:
- Individuals will gain insight into the systematic and professionally esteemed approach to the best practice methodology.
- It greatly enhances the ability of a professional in identifying, planning and supporting the IT services in a business that yields increased productivity, efficiency, and profits.
- It benefits professionals by providing knowledge that helps them focus on customer requirements and user experience instead of spending excess time on technological issues.
- ITIL®️ certification improves your job prospects by landing you a lucrative package.
- Professionals will learn the best and popular practices to increase business productivity and effectiveness.
- It helps in the identification of assets with the highest value in the organization and concentrates on them.
ITIL®️ 4 Certification
Now you must be well acquainted with the entire ITIL®️ Certification and methodology. So, let’s jump right into the latest addition to the ITIL certification – The ITIL®️ 4 Certification Scheme.
ITIL®️ 4 is the improved evolution of the ITIL®️ framework. The ITIL®️ 4 certification scheme is designed to perfectly align with the existing ITIL®️ 3 and make way for practitioners to continue developing their knowledge and skills.
It consists of 4 modules. The modules are:
- ITIL®️ Specialist Create, Develop and Support
The focus is the integration of value streams and processes for creating, delivering and supporting IT-enabled services and products.
- ITIL®️ Specialist Drive Stakeholder Value
Here, the candidate learns about SLA design, CX and UX design, communication, multi-supplier management, customer journey mapping, relationship management, and many more important skills.
- ITIL®️ Specialist High Velocity IT
The focus is on the working practices like Agile, Lean and technologies such as Automation, Automatic testing, Cloud and their timely delivery to obtain maximum value.
- ITIL®️ Strategist Direct Plan and Improve
It covers the impact of various working practices in the organization. It also assists professionals with practices and strategies to design and deliver improvements.
There are certain levels of ITIL®️ certification in the ITIL®️ 4 certification scheme:
- ITIL®️ 4 Foundation
- ITIL®️ Managing Professional (MP)
- ITIL®️ Strategic Leader (SL)
- ITIL®️ 4 Master
ITIL® 4 Foundation
The ITIL®️ 4 Foundation certification is an introduction to ITIL®️ framework. It helps individuals develop an understanding of IT Service management by utilizing the end-to-end operation model. The ITIL®️ Foundation deals with the creation, delivery and continual improvements of the company’s IT services and products.
Professionals with ITIL®️ 4 certification essentially enhance the IT Service Management of an organization.
ITIL®️ Managing Professional (MP)
The ITIL®️ Managing Professional (MP) Certification is for those individuals who regularly engage with technology and digital teams throughout the organization.
The ITIL®️ Managing Professional certified individuals are not confined to IT departments and this particular certification provides them with experience and knowledge to run teams, projects, and workflows.
ITIL®️ Strategic Leader (SL)
It is designed for those who mostly deal with digitally equipped assistance. The certification helps individuals develop the expertise to utilize technology to address and deliver business procedures.
The Best ITIL®️ Training Provider
There are various ITIL®️ training providers in the market. But only a few are capable of delivering quality training. KnowledgeHut is one such ITIL®️ training provider famous for its world-class training sessions and customer support.
If you are also looking for the best ITIL®️ Training, fret not! KnowledgeHut is your ultimate destination for all ITIL®️ related query and training courses.
As of now, only the ITIL®️ 4 Foundation certification training is available in KnowledgeHut. But soon other ITIL®️ 4 certifications are about to get included in the roster. Join KnowledgeHut’s ITIL®️ training course now. A bright future awaits you
With ITIL, the IT administrator elevates from the position of a back-end tech guy into a business service partner.