Most of us are familiar with the deep web and the dark web. The deep web is the hidden part of the internet not accessible by the conventional web browsers. What the normal user access in his/her day to day life is only about 4% of the total internet. The remaining 96% internet lies hidden to us.
The dark web is a smaller subset of the deep web. What differentiates the both of them is the actual content and information flowing in them. The dark web has gained infamous notoriety over the years as a primary hub for the modern criminal activities. From drug trafficking to child pornography, one can expect every type of illicit activities and illegal information flowing around in the dark web ecosystem. Another major feature of the dark web is the user anonymity. A user can remain completely anonymous while surfing on the dark web. So it is no wonder the dark web is the modern day digital playground for the criminals.
What is required to access this dark web?
Given the anonymous and hidden nature of the dark web, it is no wonder that it requires some special software and configuration to access it. First and foremost, you require a special type of web browser. This web browser not only hides your true identity on the dark web, but also protects you and your system from any harmful elements on the dark net.
One of the most famous dark web browsers is Tor, which is available online for free. Tor is an extremely reliable web browser which can be used to surf the dark web. With the right settings and configuration, one can remain safe. But only by using Tor browser does not guarantee you a 100% protection from the damaging elements of the dark web, or the protection of your identity. So it is also advisable to use a VPN alongside Tor for maximum safety. This article aims to present you with a list of best 4 VPN services for accessing the dark web links.
What is a VPN?
VPN or Virtual Private Network is a terminology used to extend a private network across a public network, which then enables the users to communicate with this private network as if they were a part of the said network. It acts as an anonymous tunnel between the public users and the private networks.
VPN has gained a hefty momentum in the past few years owing to its reliability, security and anonymous nature. A lot of private organizations and firms provide VPN services to users for free. Once a user is connected onto a VPN, their identity is masked by the address of the VPN service provider. This concept of anonymity proves to be a boon for the users of the dark web.
VPN and the Dark Web
Owing to the illicit activities of the dark web, user anonymity is of utmost importance. Even though Tor provides a reliable user identity masking, an added layer of security from the VPN can prove to be even more fruitful. A combination of VPN and Tor can ensure that the user’s online identity remains virtually impossible to crack. This helps a lot of criminals operating on the dark web to evade the law enforcement agencies with ease.
So which VPN services can be used to access the dark web? This question arises in the minds of many. Below is a list of best 4 VPN services for accessing the dark web -:
- Nord VPN – The Panama based VPN provider is surely the best VPN provider to access the dark web securely. It doesn’t store the user logs and provides a 2048- bit SSL encryption. You can connect to 6 devices simultaneously. You are allowed to make the payments using Bitcoins. Though it has costly monthly subscription plan, you can get a good discount on yearly plans.
- Express VPN – ExpressVPN is a British Virgin Islands based VPN provider that doesn’t keep the logs. It is immensely popular VPN service that is well suited to access the dark web. The P2P sharing is allowed and payments via Bitcoin are accepted. It uses strong encryption standards to ensure complete privacy and security.
- Perfect Privacy – It is a New Zealand based VPN provider that can be trusted to access the dark web securely. It doesn’t store the user logs and provides IPSec and OpenVPN encryption. Moreover, you can make the payments using Bitcoins. The only drawback is it has lesser servers and a lengthy setup time.
- IPVanish – It is a US based VPN provider that helps people to access the dark web. It uses 256-bit AES encryption technology and OpenVPN protocol to ensure top level security. It provides P2P file sharing too. You can pay using Bitcoin and PayPal to make the payments. One of the major drawbacks of this VPN is that it doesn’t provide a free trial plan.
The Bottom Line
The article provides you with a list of best 4 VPN services for accessing the dark web. It must be understood that the user is completely responsible for what he/she does on the dark web. Any carelessness on their behalf may land them in trouble. Tor and VPN combination is a powerful tool, and must be used carefully.