Conducted by the Staff Selection Commission, SSC GD Constable Exam is an examination that takes place for the recruitment of people for the post of Constable (General Duty) for services like Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), NIA & SSF and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles (AR) from various States/ Union Territories across India.
The SSC GD Constable Exam takes place in four parts. Through the course of this article, we will provide you with SSC GD Constable GA preparation tips to score better in the General Awareness Section of the SSC GD question paper.
SSC GD Constable 2021 exam stages
- Computer-Based Examination (CBE)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
As mentioned, the SSC GD Constable 2021 will take place in 4 stages. The eligibility criteria require the candidates to be 10th pass at least, the candidate should be in the age bracket of 18-23 years and should be an Indian citizen. Certain age relaxations exist for SC, ST, OBC, Ex-Servicemen and other categories.
SSC GD Constable 2021 Question Paper Analysis
Clearing the Computer- Based Examination SSC GD question paper is the first step. The exam will take place in an online mode. 90 minutes will be given to each candidate to solve 100 questions. Since the candidates have only 90 minutes to complete the paper, ideally, they should devote about 20 minutes to each section and 10 minutes for revision. Each section will have 25 marks.
|Section||Section Name||Total no. of questions||Marks|
|A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25|
|B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||25||25|
SSC GD Constable GA Preparation Tips
- Syllabus– India and its neighbouring countries, Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, Scientific Research, etc
All the questions will be based on these topics. It is essential to be well-read to be able to clear the GA section with utmost ease.
- Types of questions:
The entire GA section will have two types of questions:
- Static GK– Questions based on topics given in the syllabus like science, technology, economic growth, politics, history, culture etc.
- General Awareness- Questions based on the recent developments both in India and the rest of the world. The questions will be based on the recent major and minor news and will test the candidate’s awareness.
1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer and 0.25 will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Weightage of topics: There will be around 8-10 Questions from current affairs and 13-15 Questions from static GK.
- Habit of Reading the Newspaper: If you wish to prepare well for the GA section one habit that will help you a long way is reading the newspaper. Read the newspaper daily and be sure to scroll through each page, even the sports page. The questions can be based on anything and everything. This will help you majorly in SSC GD Constable general knowledge questions.
- Make a schedule: Since you have to divide your time between the four sections that will come in the test, making a schedule is a very crucial step. Dedicate at least one hour to reading current affairs and GK each day. The more you will read, the more you will retain. Candidates tend to leave GA for the last minute, avoid making such a mistake and be consistent.
- Make notes: While reading the newspaper or about any topic in general, make short notes. These notes will help you during your last-minute revision. While reading books for static GK, follow this step.
- Make a list of current affairs: Create a date-wise list of current affairs daily, it is easier to remember things when you have written them. Also, it will again help in the last-minute revision.
- Books for preparation:
- Manorma Yearbook published by Malayala Manorama
- General Knowledge by Arihant Publications
- General Studies by Disha Publication
- General Knowledge Manual by Pearson
- Daily Newspapers – Times of India, Hindustan Times, Economic Times
- NCERT books – 10th – 12th
- Take practice quizzes: At the end of every week, you can take practice quizzes which are available online in abundance. This will help you track your progress and test your knowledge. The GK quiz will also help you keep a track of time and make you more efficient.
- Go through previous year papers: The best way to familiarise oneself with a certain exam is to religiously go through its question papers. Dig out the SSC GD question paper of the previous years, analyse the SSC GD Constable general knowledge questions and practice accordingly.
- Indulge in mindmaps and tricks: A variety of tricks and mindmaps are available online to remember various topics that will be included in SSC GD Constable general knowledge questions. For example, you can use mnemonics to learn the various states and UTs of India and even the Periodic Table. Mindmaps can be used to remember the various dynasties that ruled from Delhi etc. Using these tricks will not only make your preparation time fun but also help in retaining things better. This is one of the most important SSC GD Constable GA preparation tips.
- Track your Progress: It is essential to see where you stand and how much you have overcome your weaknesses. Create a mock SSC GD question paper for the GA section for yourself or ask someone to set one for you, give yourself 20 minutes on the clock to complete the test. Award yourself 1 mark for every correct answer and deduct 0.25 for every wrong answer. Once you complete the test, you will know exactly what to work on.
General Awareness will be one of the most scoring section of SSC GD Constable 2021 as it does not require a lot of efforts and time during the exam.
Hopefully, these SSC GD Constable GA preparation tips will help you out.
Best of luck.